Little Lion (2018)
- O Leaozinho (Caetano Veloso) 4:12
- Frenzy At The Feeder (Brooks Williams) 3:53
- Only For A Moment (Brooks Williams) 2:21
- Joyful Joyful (traditional) 3:03
- Goodbye Walker Percy (Brooks Williams) 3:29
- Lizard Logic (Brooks Williams) 3:15
- Water Song (Jorma Kaukonen) 2:35
- Belfast Blues (Brooks Williams) 2:31
Asa Branca (Luiz Gonzaga) 3:56
Meesa Kaibash (Brooks Williams) 3:02
- What Wondrous Love (traditional) 3:10
- Magpie (Brooks Williams) 3:05
- 54-64 Was My Number (F. Hibbert) 2:13 (c) & (p) Red Guitar Blue Music (aka Brooks Williams Music) 2018 NOTES In 1999 when Signature Sounds suggested I make an acoustic guitar record I was dubious. Who would possibly want to hear me play guitar more than a few minutes without singing? Well, as it turns out, quite a few people. And thus Little Lion made its way in the world. To make this recording I stood (and continue to stand) on the shoulders of those who led the way, coaxing melodies and rhythms from a box of wood strung with six steel strings. Bert Jansch and John Renbourne played no small part in Belfast Blues and Joyful; Pierre Bensusan and Michael Hedges in Frenzy At The Feeder and Only For A Moment; Tony Rice and Norman Blake in What Wondrous Love and Magpie; Leo Kottke and John Fahey in Goodbye Walker Percy and Water Song; Luiz Bonfa and Pat Metheny in O Leaozinho and Asa Branca; and Ernest Ranglin and Ali Farka Toure in 54-64 Was My Number, Meesa Kaibash and Lizard Logic. To me the guitar remains a song deliverer. It gives the singer a platform for telling their tales. In between the words are the notes. On Little Lion we just put all those notes in one place.
CREDITS Brooks Williams: acoustic guitar John Daniel: second acoustic guitar on “Little Lion,” “Lizard Logic,” “Belfast Blues” and “Asa Branca" Recorded and Mixed by Mark Thayer at Signature Sounds, Palmer, Massachusetts USA, August-October 1999. Produced and arranged by Brooks Williams Mastered by David Glasser at Airshow Original photos by Mark Rea Original design by Lehndorff Design Reissue design by Leslie Lee Brooks’ red guitar built by Brad Nickerson and heard throughout this recording. All songs and arrangements by Brooks Williams (c) Red Guitar Blue Music (aka Brooks Williams Music) Copyright Controlled. Except: “O Leaozinho” Polygram Do Brasil Ltda.; “Water Song” Fish-Scent Music Co.; “Asa Branca” Fermata Rio Musica Ltda.; “54-64 Was My Number” Polygram International Inc. Originally issued on Signature Sounds, 2000.